Do you have experience within MRP?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to join our highly successful client!
Based in Whitstable
2x Positions Available
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to join our client, a leading manufacturing company.
About the Buyer role
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of procurement activity associated with procuring a designated range of goods and services.
Key responsibilities include:
* Transactional and strategic activity procurement, primarily for the supply of goods and services for all sites services, revenue and capital expenditure
* Implement and manage optimum inventory levels to ensure product availability whilst minimising obsolescence and drive costs
* Achieve best value for money on all procurements goods, works and services and reduce the cost of the procurement process
* Implement strategic procurement projects that will provide the greatest opportunity to improve service levels and generate procurement savings
* Manage supplier relationships in a strategic manner to ensure continuity of supply and ensure commercial terms are suitable for the long term aims of the company
* Manage negotiations for preferred suppliers and implement agreed SLA and contract terms that will benefit the company
* Promote supplier relationship management and actively engage with key suppliers to address issues
* To review all aspects of performance from your supplier base and to issue monthly reports detailing actions taken to obviate any failures to the business
* To manage the tender and negotiation process for new contracts and contract renewals
The successful applicant will be educated to higher education level and have proven experience within a purchasing general expenses role.
You will have knowledge and experience of contract management, detailed knowledge of contract law, contract negotiation and capital expenditure.
Experience within a similar environment and a fundamental knowledge of MRP is required.
A background in Engineering would be advantageous but is not essential.
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment & HR Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 17 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation.
We see each applicant as an individual and will treat you accordingly.
We would love to talk to you to give you more information about our client and discuss the role.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.