Senior Accountancy Assistant
Searching for a skilled accountancy assistant with a good knowledge of finance to join a well known Public Sector organisation in Birmingham.
The client is a well established public sector organisation based in Birmingham with an outstanding reputation globally.
The role will involve preparing accounts, budgets and costings for activities within budget centres. Analysis must be provided, alongside reports and reviews of budget centres. Intuitive must be used to identify where budget is not being achieved, alternatives must be offered and recommendations on how to achieve budget must be offered.
Commentary must be provided on budgets, alongside advice to a any members of the business on policies and procedures that need assistance. The role will be accountable to the Business Partner.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have some formal relevant finance training (AAT, PQ) or have equivalent experience - essential
- Knowledge of preparing budgets - essential
- Knowledge of monitoring budgets - essential
- Have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills - essential
- Have a knowledge of complex computer systems and sound IT skills - essential
An excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate looking to gain valuable accounting and communication skills on a generous salary based in Birmingham.