Technical Property Claims Handler
Job Title: Technical Property Claims Handler
Our client is the largest third-party accident management and claims handling provider in the UK; serving insurers, brokers and fleet operators by providing a wide range of claims handling solutions across the motor, property and legal claims sectors.
Currently looking for a passionate and motivated individual to use in the role of Technical Claims Handler; this is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to develop a career in the property insurance industry. To be successful you will need the drive required to meet and exceed customer expectations, build internal and external relationships and service excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work as part of a team managing building repair claims in accordance with the required service standards, performance targets and regulatory legislation (FCA, Treating Customer Fairly compliance)
- Manage technical scope validation, cost control and complex, high value property claims, determining insurer liability, through consideration of the facts presented versus the policy wording and applicable endorsements
- Negotiate settlement of claims with customers, clients and suppliers where appropriate
- To offer advice and guidance, coaching and support to peers, policyholders, clients, suppliers and partners
- Understand and identity Fraud / Non-Disclosure / Recovery / Policy Limits
- Repudiate claims where circumstances dictate and provide a full reasoned explanation in respect of repudiation
- Ensure all verbal and written complaints are dealt with in a timely and professional manner
- Act as an escalation point for complaints for peers
- Liaise with colleagues and other operational area's to identify, analyse and improve existing business processes to maximise efficiencies and continually improve on the customer journey.
- To ensure the proper and detailed recording of relevant information on the selected IT systems so as to provide a comprehensive audit trail.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of different contractor skills for example; Plumbing, Plastering, Electrical, Asbestos Removal, Drying etc.
- A good understanding of industry practises for Asbestos Identification and Removal.
- Comprehensive knowledge of restoration requirements for Water Damage claims.
- A sound knowledge of the Insurance Industry best practises for handling Storm and Flood claims.
- A technical knowledge of when and how "Matching of Items" Clauses are applied to Buildings claims.
- Ability to demonstrate ownership and resolution capability with complex complaints and queries.
- Commitment to providing a first class service to customers, suppliers and partners.
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team as well as autonomously to a high level of accuracy.
- Persuasive communicator and negotiator.
- Flexibility and receptiveness to change.
- An understanding of regulatory legislation.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What's in it for you?
As an employee you will receive excellent benefits which include:
- A progressive salary architecture whereby your salary increases in line with completion of training modules and processes
- Death in service benefit of three times salary from first date of employment for all eligible employees
- Pension via auto enrolment
- Subsidised gym membership
- A generous staff social fund for use on social events and outings, both in and out of the office
- Amazon voucher every year on your birthday
- Free fruit available every day in the office
- Christmas savings scheme for anyone who wishes to have help budgeting for Christmas
- A free eye check each year and contribution towards glasses
How to apply
If you feel you meet the criteria for the role of Technical Property Claims Handler please click on 'Apply' and complete a short application process