Senior Technical Specialist - End User
About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Technical Specialist – End User to be a leading subject matter expert (SME) responsible for the design, build and implementation of technical solutions which meet Business needs. Be responsible for the effective governance of project deliverables to ensure solutions are fit for purpose and adhere to the IT Infrastructure roadmaps and architectural strategy. To carry out problem determination and incident resolution for project based activities.
- Highly proficient in desktop technologies, i.e. PCs & laptops
- Highly proficient with mobile devices, i.e. tablets & smartphones
- Highly proficient with printing concepts and technologies
- Highly proficient in office productivity tools
- Highly proficient in MS Windows 7 and above
- Proficient with Active Directory Group Policies
- Proficient in anti-virus concepts and technologies, specifically Symantec End Point
- Proficient with MDM technologies and concepts
- Proficient in network principles, i.e. TCP/IP & WIFI connectivity
- Windows server 2012 and above
- Microsoft SCCM 2012 (Creating & troubleshooting; Packages, Programs, Task Sequences & Applications)
- Citrix XenApp
- Virtualisation (VDI) concepts
Other essential information:
- Be able to work autonomously under pressure and manage accountabilities and time effectively.
- Be thorough, with a good attention to detail
- Have a flexible and pragmatic approach to work to ensure what is needed is done
- Be a team player and have a willingness to assist colleagues in meeting their objectives through timely and effective mentoring and coaching.
- Have a strong sense of “doing the right thing”, questioning things which are not right and taking the appropriate corrective action
- Have a strong desire to make a difference, constantly look for opportunities for continuously improvement and be proactive with seeing initiatives through to fruition
- Have a strong desire to develop themselves as an IT professional and all rounded individual, look for opportunities for mentoring and coaching for the betterment of themselves and the Society.
About The Company
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.