Maintenance Engineer - Electrically Biased
Adept Resourcing Engineering and Technical Division are working with our established client to recruit an Asset Care Shift Technician to join their team.
- To help deliver the asset care plan & provide a World Class maintenance support to the site.
- Assisting the maintenance management team in complying with all H&S responsibilities, legal compliance, delivering efficiencies, continuous in respect of production/packaging, services, buildings and all other ancillary equipment.
- The individual is part of a small team of 8 shift based engineers who will be responsible for closing out a mixture of Reactive, Planned and Proactive actions as they arise in a busy factory environment.
- Deliver timely first line response and quality remedial countermeasures to breakdowns, inefficient performance and all identifiable waste streams.
- To work within all necessary EH&S legislation and to proactively contribute to raising the standards across the company.
- Site response area of accountability includes, but not limited to: Production, Packaging, Distribution, Services, Facilities, Offices & external areas.
- Carry out planned and proactive work activities as directed by the maintenance plan, working to high standards, identifying follow up work and demonstrating pride and ownership every day.
- Where required, work with production and packaging teams to ensure lines run efficiently, plans are met, customers are supplied and a close working team spirit is at the core of everything that we do.
- Contribute and assist in the management of the site CMMS system, including reviews, scheduling and PM content, in order to drive a high quality, low cost department.
- Time served apprentice
- Electrically biased, with a good level of mechanical knowledge and experience
- Evidence and experience in a continuous improvement environment
- Manufacturing background
- City and Guilds electrical ONC/B-TEC (or equivalent).
- Willing to develop in the role and take on more responsibilities
- Open minded and willing to take on new ideas
- A flexible approach to the job, willing to stay over or swop shifts to see the job through
- Willing to work overtime when available and if required
- Methodical approach to the job in hand with an eye for detail
- Excellent communicator and inter-personal skills
- High engineering standards
- An ability to analyse data from multiple inputs to drive decision making
- Experience of using CMMS systems to record work
- 5 years' experience working in a front-line maintenance role, in a FMCG environment and carrying out planned preventative maintenance activities.
- A good level of knowledge, and practical experience in motors, inverters, electro-pneumatics, hydraulics, drives/gearboxes, pumps & seals, conveyor systems, services etc.
- £28,476.94 salary (plus shift supplement)
- Role includes commitment to work a reasonable amount of overtime as company requires.
- 40 hours per week
- 3 shift rotation (Days, Afters and Nights)
- Company Pension scheme
- 25 days' holiday per annum (plus stats)