Our client based in a village location near Witney are looking to recruit a Purchasing Administrator assisting with the smooth running of the Purchasing department, placing orders and coordinating inbound goods from suppliers in response to customer requirements.
- Placing purchase orders
- Booking stock onto the system
- Supplier chasing, expediting and prioritising goods on order
- Allocating received stock to the appropriate customer backorders and releasing these for despatch
- Reporting shipment discrepancies to suppliers
- Checking invoices received are for the correct amounts and quantities and reporting any differences to suppliers
- Answer supplier enquiries regarding outstanding payments
- Deal with queries from sales and customer service teams that require information from suppliers.
- Needs to work in an efficient and well organised manner without close supervision.
- Very close attention to detail and persistence essential !
- Able to work closely within a small team
- Good inter personal skills and telephone manner with confidence and assertiveness needed when speaking to suppliers.
PC, Internet, Excel, Word, Outlook, telephone, fax.