Principal Characterisation Engineer
Principal Characterisation Engineer, Swindon
Dialog Semiconductor designs highly integrated standard and custom mixed-signal integrated circuits, optimised for Smartphone, Tablet, IoT, LED Solid State Lighting and Smart Home applications. With world-class manufacturing partners, Dialog operates a fabless business model and is a socially responsible employer pursuing many programs to benefit the employees, community, other stakeholders and the environment we operate in.
Dialog’s power saving technologies including DC-DC configurable system power management deliver high efficiency and enhance the consumer’s user experience by extending battery lifetime and enabling faster charging of their portable devices. Its technology portfolio also includes audio, Bluetooth® Smart, Rapid Charge™ AC/DC power conversion and multi-touch.
As part of our continued growth, we seek a Principal Characterisation Engineer to join our team in Swindon.
Working in our Process Technology group, you will:
• Perform detailed IV & CV characterization at wafer level of various electrical devices.
• Analyse data and create Characterization Reports summarizing the data and developing useful conclusions.
• Ensuring highest data integrity and accuracy by maintaining and investigating best in class characterization systems.
• Developing test procedures, routines and test programs to enable automation of electrical characterization. Enabling statistical characteristics to be analysed.
• Develop test structures and test chips for use in wafer level characterization
• Develop new, novel and non-standard characterization methodologies. Keep informed of latest industry best practises and work with other sites to implement improved procedures within Dialog.
• Work with multiple groups (Process/Modeling/Product Engineering/Quality /Foundry) to ensure accurate silicon performance expectations.
What we are looking for
• Expertise in semiconductor devices including device characterization, process technology details, test structure and test chip development. Hands on experience in making high accuracy wafer level measurements.
• Knowledge and familiarity with Process/Device technology needed for analog, mixed signal and digital designs.
• Experience and/or familiarity characterization test systems and software tools used in measurements.
• Experience in analysing and creating reports to clearly communicate the analysis and conclusions.
• Ability to prioritise work, set goals and meet deadlines. Collaboration with various teams to ensure critical items are delivered as scheduled.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills within and outside field of expertise.
• Understanding of common analogue/power management circuit blocks (current mirrors, LDOs, bucks, boosts etc.).
• Filed a number of patents.
• Published scientific articles.
Dialog in Swindon
Working in our newly refurbished Swindon design centre, you will benefit from best in class facilities alongside some of the world’s leading engineers in mixed signal IC design. It’s a truly international environment where your ability is recognised, rewarded and challenged on a daily basis. You will work with cutting-edge technologies with some of our largest customers that lead the way in developing ICs for the latest Smartphones, Tablet PCs, Portable media devices and wireless audio. Swindon has continuously been at the forefront of engineering technology and with good travel links to London, Bristol and Bath, It is well known for its green areas and outdoor family activities. There is plenty to discover across the West Country.
Why join us?
We passionately believe that working at Dialog, you will be joining the brightest, most diverse and ambitious talent in the Semiconductor Industry. We are proud to have won numerous awards and designs, including exclusive patents that have assisted us to enjoy 9 successive years of double digit growth in this highly competitive industry. With sustainable growth on a global scale planned for 2017, the opportunity for talent to progress at Dialog could not be greater. We are fast becoming the employer of choice within microelectronics chip design, power management solutions, short range wireless connectivity and AC/DC power conversion.
If you’d like to explore working for Dialog Semiconductor further, then it’s time we heard from you. Click below and apply now. Closing date for applications is Saturday 10th June 2017.