Tekla Design Engineer
A globally recognised construction brand require an experienced Project Designer to be be based at their office in Birmingham City Centre.
- Carry out design / detailing to an advanced level utilising AutoCAD and Tekla.
- Assist the estimators and engineers in preparing quotation documents.
- Interpretation of architects and structural engineer's drawings. Incorporation of comments as required (external/Internal)
- Attend meetings without support and to speak about technical issues and promote the company. To be smart in appearance and conduct all affairs both inside and outside your normal place of work in a professional and efficient manner that promotes the Company and enhances its reputation;
- Have in depth knowledge of building physics relevant to market sectors to ensure technical liaison with Architects, Engineers, specifies, contractor and approved installers on all design and technical issues;
- Prepare production release & Installation drawings, printing and distributing as required.
- Ensure that the requirements of CDM are followed;
- Ensure that the goals and objectives of the company are exceeded;
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design detailing, structural advice to in-house staff
- Take a proactive approach to your personal work commitments by achieving deadlines agreed with your Line Manager. Manage your work load in an effective and diligent manner, reporting all conflicts in deadlines and activities to your Line Manager in a timely fashion.
- Take responsibility for the deadlines set by both yourself and your Line Manager and demonstrate commitment to seeing works and deadlines achieved on time and in full;
- Keep the customer and other involved parties in all decision making where a risk or action may be required by either company or other parties. To ensure that adequate records are kept of all communications with external companies in accordance with company protocol;
- Maintaining the satisfaction of existing clients and development of new skills and services in accordance with the company business needs. Develop customer relations and develop strategic partnership;
- Keep the manager informed of changing situations and progress in achieving tasks and respond promptly to requests for information both internally and externally;
- Carry out any other duties that may be required to provide technical support for the KBS product.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A qualification in a technical subject is required. It is desirable that the person has a recognised construction based accreditation;
- Be aware of the requirement to work as part of a team. Adopt a flexible approach to workload whilst demonstrating a willingness to take on additional work. Deliver administrative records on time and up to date;
- Clearly and concisely express key issues at a level that suits the listener and confidently handle challenges or unexpected issues;
- Participation in training and social activities inside and outside the working day and office. Contribution to the "character" of the company by conducting yourself in a professional and helpful manner. To develop strong and collaborative working relationships with your colleagues;
- Demonstrate you have a working knowledge and skill in using 2 & 3D CAD and Tekla as necessary and the ability to handle data appropriate to your role.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at www.asc-connections.com