A leading national logistics distribution and supply chain company, based in Warrington, are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant due to continued growth from within the business.
The Role and Responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant position will include:
- To produce daily profit and loss analysis in both extract and detailed form, for initial review of the management accountant prior to onwards distribution to senior management.
- Ensure the accurate and timely production of management accounts and KPI's
- Make financial postings in an accurate and timely fashion to ensure the financial system is well maintained and kept up to date
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations from detailed listings back to the system in order to demonstrate an understanding of the balance sheet and analyse movements
- To update management reports and liaise with other financial personnel on these on a weekly basis.
- To work on raising purchase orders as and when these are received and to ensure the mailbox for this is kept up to date.
- To compile weekly purchase order reports for Senior Management.
- To undertake weekly purchase order audit analysis.
- To liaise with and assist Purchase Ledger staff with any supplier invoice issues.
- To provide support to the Group Financial Controller and Management Accountant on ad-hoc projects as they arise
- Any other ad hoc duties as required by line manager.
- Liaise with Directors, General Managers, Operations Managers, their direct reports and Employees at all levels within the Group to continually improve compliance to the management systems.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a similar Assistant Accountant position or have a finance background. Good IT skills will be an added benefit.
This is an excellent opportunity to get on board with an award winning business, develop your skills further and work within a unique environment.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Xavier Parisi at Robert Walters on firstname.lastname@example.org