Sub Contract Lead
My Client is a global leader in the supply of Air Traffic Control communications solutions typically exporting to 80 countries a year, operating from a base in the East Midlands. This highly dynamic international company designs and manufactures a range of high technology communication equipment.
Role of the Subcontract Lead:
The main purpose of this position is to be responsible for the procurement of all subcontract services required by the Company to carry out its business and service to its customers and the management of those materials, services and sub-contracts and services until completion of a program.
Policies and Procedures
• Responsible for maintaining and implementing policies and procedures covering subcontract activities.
Records, reports and data management - Responsible for maintaining the following:
• Benchmarking reports/ market information
• Purchase orders, supply chain agreements, subcontractor and service agreements.
• Standard flow down terms and conditions
• Through life agreements and maintenance agreements
Services - Provide the following service to others:
• Procurement of all subcontracted services and apply the correct logistics methodology.
• Negotiation and management of all subcontractors and contractual agreements.
• To work with QA and Systems Engineering to ensure only competent subcontractors are selected
• Communicate effectively with other departments.
• To understand and communicate risks within a subcontract.
• Have proven experience of international purchasing & subcontracts
• Have proven experience of procurement of subcontracts and logistic strategies
• Strong negotiating skills
• Proven experience of sub-contract management and dealing with contract terms and conditions
• Have the ability to lead and motivate staff from within and outside of supply chain on a matrixed basis
• Have the ability to communicate well in written and verbal form
• Be able to set an exemplary standard and provide direction to department staff
• Have the ability to develop strategic supply chain relationships
• Preferably have a knowledge of the ATC markets, products and service requirements
• Degree in Economics, Business Studies or related discipline
• Member of the Institute of Purchasing & Supply
To Apply for the position of Subcontract Lead please see below