Loss Adjuster Required In Kent!
My client is an International specialist insurer who is seeking experienced Loss adjuster's who have property claims experience.
The Field Claims team are a team of 4 who support the Property Claims function through visiting customers who have notified claims to inspect damage, assess policy coverage and agree claim settlement in lieu of an external Loss Adjuster. The team’s primary target is to maximise the number of new claim instructions they go out on in order to meet their objectives of expediting claim settlement, providing outstanding customer service and reducing their external provider spend.
The role of Field Claims Underwriter is to be out on the road visiting our customers who have suffered losses and progressing those claims toward an amicable settlement. Providing exceptional service is central to the role and the successful candidate will handle a mixture of claims through our Direct and Broker channel for both High Net Worth and Commercial customers. This role will be home based predominantlycovering West and Central London plus the home counties (as far West as Oxford) but a flexible approach to travel is needed given the size of the team. The expectation is that the successful candidate will require one administrative (desk based) day per week.
- To provide superior claims service to all clients in accordance with strict service level agreements
- To visit customers who have suffered claims on a daily basis
- To report on claims post visit updating the claim file accordingly
- To assess the extent of policy cover and agree a plan with the customer to progress the claim to settlement
- Build strong internal relationships with our claims handlers to clarify the key objectives of each visit
- Make decisions at the time of meeting and where possible settle claims on-site
- Validate and quantify claims
- Manage building work projects through to completion
- To promote the service internally and externally
- Where applicable, provide risk management information and provide recommendations/requirements to both the policy holder
- Assist in providing valuable feedback to define and enhance underwriting procedures
- Be able to handle different situations at each visit and feel confident in dealing with the more demanding client/discerning customer.
- Be prepared to work from their Colchester office when business need requires it
- Must have own car (car allowance provided)
This role necessitates visiting clients in their homes and as such there will be the need to travel on a daily basis.
- Preferably educated to degree standard (candidates with suitable relevant experience will be considered)
- Passionate about service
- ACII or CILA qualification or progression towards, preferred
- A proven track record handling property claims, ideally in a Loss Adjusting organisation
- Experience of handling both High Value Household claims and Commercial Property and BI claims
- Risk management knowledge is advantageous
- Self-motivated and dynamic with an ability to respond positively to change
- Flexible approach to travel and the fluctuations of claim volumes in a Property environment
- First class oral and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail and confident in dealing with internal and external customers and clients
- Must be adaptable to all situations with strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel (producing reports will form part of the role).