My client is a General Construction Contractor, who works across several key sectors including social housing, law, office, commercial, civil and health. As a result of expansion and winning new projects, they are currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior Estimator to work with them on a permanent basis.
You will be working on a variety of projects across the above sectors. Project values will be between £50k - £2m. The projects are on a regional basis, and this will be an office based role.
As a Senior Estimator, you will work closely with a commercial team that will support you as needed. You will be responsible for:
- Preparing cost estimates using company systems and processes
- Creating subcontractor enquiries and analysing quotations
- Building relationships with supply chain partners
- Understanding tender risks and opportunities to contribute in Tender Launch and review meetings
- Operating as a member of the wider bid team to create compelling offers
- Working with in-house and external professional partners across the complete range of procurement types
- Managing tender files and client correspondence through the tender period
- Promoting the introduction of Value Engineering and Innovation in tenders
- Presenting cost reports to the bid team in tender settlement meetings
- Contributing to internal and external bid team presentations
Key requirements are as follows:
- Qualified in a relevant discipline with at least an HNC/HND in an associated field.
- 10 years of experience in the construction industry working in a similar role
- Demonstrable knowledge of and success in developing cost estimates for projects involving groundwork, civil engineering and infrastructure type works
- Knowledge and experience of operating the Conquest estimating system
- Experience of compiling cost estimates across a range of procurement types
- Full driving licence
The salary on offer is negotiable depending on your experience but in line and competitive with the current market rates
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to apply, please send your CV to Jessica at Bromak using the contact details provided.