Assistant Manager - Restaurant - Hospitality
Assistant Manager - Front of House – Restaurant
A beautiful stylish seafront restaurant is looking for an assistant manager to join its friendly team. You would be working under the guidance of an experienced front of house manager working straight shifts with no splits.
You would be assisting with all front of house duties and managing the front of house area when the manager is not on site.
The family owned business is willing to consider experienced waiting staff who would like to step up to management or experienced front of house / hospitality supervisors or managers.
As an Assistant Manager - Restaurant, your duties would include:
- Working on the Front of House area of the restaurant across various shifts across the week.
- Performing all front of house duties such as serving customers, clearing tables and managing staff when the Manager is off site.
- Learning about the speciality seafood and steak dishes to offer customers information.
- Working alongside the manageress to manage the diary and rotas for staff.
- Ensuring health, hygiene and safety policies are adhered to at all times.
- Learning how to advise customers and staff about the wine/food pairings.
The ideal Assistant Manager – Restaurant, would have:
- The experience of working in a busy restaurant/bar and is keen to learn and progress.
- A warm personality suited to working in a relaxed, professional environment.
- Experience of leading a team by example and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Experience of wine and which types compliment the different dishes.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate, First Aid Certificate and bar licence.
- Excellent communication, English language, presentation, and personal grooming skills.
- A good understanding of team ethic and how to treat people with respect.
In return, you will receive a salary of between £18,000 and £23,000 dependent on skills and experience plus a performance related bonus and a share of tips. The family likes to promote from within so future progression opportunities could be available for the right person.