PHP Web Developer
Role: PHP Web Developer
Salary: £22k to £30k basic + benefits
Scope of the role
- Web site projects
- Integration projects
- App projects
The position sits alongside the Digital Account Manager and Lead Developer, reporting to the Digital Director. Their service delivers more than just oneoff web sites, and offers a genuine challenge to the right person to develop creative and efficient solutions.
They are a small team who work fast to tight deadlines. They don't hold staff meetings sat in a circle on cushions, but we have been in business since 1970’s and offer a rewarding position in a stable company.
- Work alongside the Digital Account Manager and Lead Developer to support daily requests from both clients and staff.
- Front and back end coding (Ensuring code is robust, efficient, tested and fit for purpose.)
- Work alongside the Lead Developer on larger projects.
- Work solo on smaller projects, interrogating a brief through to delivery.
- Limited out of hours support.
Skills and experience
- A portfolio including web and basic integration projects.
- Be able to work with existing procedural code.
- Comfortable with LAMP stack admin (e.g. command line, Plesk, Apache setup etc.)
- Experience with OOP / MVC.
- A portfolio including advanced integration and/or app projects.
- Working knowledge of SEO / PPC / Social strategies and social channels.
- Experience of Google Analytics, Webmaster tools and other applications for monitoring activity and gaining insights.