Financial Project Coordinator
Financial Project Coordinator job opportunity for a global energy business based in central London. Up to £34k
Your new company
A global energy provider committed to meeting energy needs whilst ensuring responsible growth with major environmental and energy challenges in mind. The business has expertise in natural gas, independent power production, renewable energy and energy efficiency services. The business employees 100,000+ worldwide with office around the UK but for this position you will be based in London's central business hub.
Your new role
You will be completing a key central role within the projects team as the Financial Project Coordinator, reporting in to the Business Finance Manager. Duties will include:
- Attending monthly project reviews
- Challenging project heads and managers on their margin changes and variations to forecast
- Completing variance analysis work of actuals against budget and forecast
- Identifying where margins accruals can be released and closing open purchase orders
- Project sales forecasts for both secured and unsecured revenues
- Dealing with all purchase orders for projects
- Compiling monthly management reporting to ensure growth in project business
- Comply to company policies and procedures
- Ensure all project sales invoices are raised in a timely manner
You will be using Excel and SAP to complete you work and have to liaise with various internal staff members related to the different projects on a daily basis.
What you'll need to succeed
You must have excellent communication skills to ensure you effectively deal with various project heads and clearly communicate financial information. You should be confident to challenge managers on any variances that occur. You should have excellent time keeping skills, organisation and attention to detail to complete accurate and detailed reports and analysis. You should have a strong accounting knowledge and have ideally completed the AAT or be working towards the ACCA/CIMA. You should have a minimum of 1 year working in a financial project based role previously.
What you'll get in return
You will be paid between £27-34k depending on experience and join a well respected international business with nationwide and global opportunities. A varied role offering you the chance to progress your career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.