Finance and Compliance Assistant
This will be an exciting and challenging role based in Coventry, providing support to an Assistant Accountant whilst developing your own accounting abilities and gaining other new, valuable skills along the way.
My client is a well-established and successful Public Sector organisation based in Coventry, offering development and progression for a hard working and capable candidate.
The job will involve undertaking project accounting, including completing thorough checks of data, forecasting and identifying potential budget variances and changes, completing income accruals and setting up recurring journals. Problems within claims must be identified and sufficiently dealt with, be that by the Finance Assistant themselves or escalating serious issues to the Assistant Accountant. Communication is also key as all findings must be relayed to the Senior Management Team, and therefore a candidate who is interpersonable would be desirable.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have an accounting qualification (AAT/Degree/PQ CIMA or ACCA) or equivalent experience - essential
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to provide a good level of service internally and externally - essential
- Have a strong accounting background - essential
- Have excellent IT skills - essential
- Have excellent analytical skills and be able to assimilate information quickly - essential
A generous package with progression opportunities for a Public Sector organisation with an excellent reputation.