Up for the challenge of running your own procurement function covering a European base within a successful, fast moving and rapidly growing engineering & manufacturing organisation? Want to be part of a business that boasts a fantastic working environment, offers a grown up culture and benefits from being part of a major global group? Want to work in a growing industry where demand is currently outweighing supply? Then this Procurement Manager role is just for you!
The successful Procurement Manager will be joining an organisation that currently boast some of the biggest industry names as their customers, and who have experienced significant growth over the last 5 years. They have ambitious plans to more than double both their head count and turnover by 2020 and the Procurement Manager role is seen as critical to facilitating this growth.
As Procurement Manager you will take full strategic and operational responsibility for a multi-million pound spend across both direct and indirect categories and commodities. The nature of this client's business is project driven, so you will be expected to work closely with your colleagues in other functions in order to deliver each project on time and to budget, through best in class procurement and contract management. Your role will also incorporate supplier relationship management and supplier performance improvement, working closely with both new and existing suppliers to build their capability and levels of performance. Tendering and complex negotiation will be a given, and with the anticipated growth of the business there is likely to be the opportunity to scope out and recruit a procurement team over the next 18-24 months.
To be considered for this Procurement Manager opportunity it is expected that you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Proven procurement experience, ideally within a complex engineering / manufacturing organisation
- Well versed in project driven procurement rather than traditional high volume manufacturing (although the latter will not preclude you)
- End to end Supply Chain experience will be highly advantageous
- CIPS qualified is also desirable
- Outstanding negotiator with a high degree of commercial awareness
- Strong supplier development ethos and track record
- Experienced working within a high pressure, fast moving environment
- An confident, articulate communicator who engages and influences at all levels of a business
- Previous experience of formulating and implementing procurement policy & process
In return, the successful Procurement Manager will receive a remuneration package that includes the following:
- Base salary of circa £45-50k
- Car allowance of £4,350
- Bonus up to £5,500
- 25 days holiday (plus option to buy/sell additional 5)
- Contributory pension matched up to 5%
- Flexible working
- Free to use on-site Gym
Gleeson Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including 3PL, construction, retail, service sector, automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website for further information about our services and to view all of our roles