HSE Advisor - London
Are you looking to utilise your skills and experience to drive business success, while further developing and enhancing your career within HSE?
We have an opportunity for a driven and passionate caterer looking to develop a career within health and safety. If you have extensive experience of HSE management, and are looking for your next career challenge - we want to hear from you!Package description
£28,000 - £32,000 dependent on experience
Monday - Friday only!
Lots of progression, training and development opportunities!
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent. That's why we offer a number of courses and qualifications for our talented Managers. For our future stars, we have The Academy and Accelerate programmes which will equip you for a career in Catering Management. For established managers, we have our Evolve programme which will hone your existing skills and add to your managerial capabilities. We’re also Edexcel approved, so you can be sure you are getting the best training available to you. So whether you are a Future Star with big aspirations or an established High Performer with a proven track record – there is a development plan for you. If this isn’t enough, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.Main responsibilities
- To ensure that Restaurant Associates & Rapport contracts operate safely and effectively
- To investigate food and safety incidents and implement improvements within efficient time scales
- Liaise with enforcement bodies
- To deputise for the Head of HSE where required
- To provide training, support, mentoring and coaching to frontline operators and senior managers
- Carry out training in safety related topics such as CIEH Level 2, Manual Handling, Fire Safety etc
- Review insurance claims and associated claims defensibility documentation
- To provide expertise and technical support to enable Restaurant Associates to meet and exceed the required regulatory, corporate and accreditation requirements relating to Health& Safety, Food Safety, Quality and the Environment across the range of services
- Support the HSE function under the guidance of the Head of HSE with regards to all new mobilisations
- Liaise with other health and safety, environment and quality professionals within the wider business to achieve the above objectives in such a way that ensures we have a consistent approach across the wider contracts operated
- Personal coaching of Restaurant Associates and Rapport Managers and teams in facilitating their performance development to deliver safety culture continuous improvement
- Support and maintain an HSE/ISO auditor /champion network within Restaurant Associates business
- To assist in preparing units for external audits
- Complete internal audits and support external audits where necessary
- Ensure the Restaurant Associates and Rapport business is fully supported in meeting HSE requirements via suitable and sufficient HSE training sessions
- Food Safety Level 3 CIEH
- Strong compliance driven personality
- Ability to self-manage and organise
- Auditing and/or Food Safety Inspection Experience
- Strong IT skills
- CIEH Level 4 in Food Safety, NEBOSH General Certificate, Professional Trainers Qualification.
- Quality/ISO Auditing Qualification or significant experience
- Senior stake holder management experience
- Multisite operators and operations
- Compliance driven
- Training qualification
- Full and clean British Driving Licence
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility.
At Restaurant Associates our vision is simple - 'Bringing people together with brilliant food, brilliant service and brilliant associates'
Our inspirational food is alive with flavour and nutrition, sourced in a socially responsible manner for the well-being of our customers, communities and the environment and we match this with the excellent service of our brilliant associates.
Our values are our DNA - INSPIRATIONAL FOOD - INNOVATIVE SPIRIT - ASSOCIATES WHO EXCEL - STRONGER TOGETHER