An opportunity to work for a challenger bank in a newly created role in Treasury. You will be responsible for the full remit of tasks across treasury from a middle office perspective. The position is pivotal to the funding and liquidity management for the the Bank and you will be a member of the Asset and Liability Committee (ALCO).
The role takes responsibility for the following:
- Management of the liquidity position
- Assessing, monitoring, planning and managing the efficient utilisation of cash and balance sheet in a consistent manner
- Oversee and review daily funding requirements, including presentation of these to the ALCO
- Implementing and enhancing funding and liquidity strategy
- Take ownership of ILAAP and other liquidity regulatory reporting requirements
- Optimise the balance sheet, as well as optimisation of the resources across capital/liquidity/funding.
- Take a lead role in implementation and monitoring of a hedging strategy for both FX and interest rate risk to reduce and/or eliminate risk
- Manage the Bank's foreign exchange and hedging activities, including overseeing the monthly hedge accounting process
- Ensure approved limits structure is available and that all business decisions are made within approved limits
- Implement and enforce an adequate controls framework over the Bank's treasury activities, including interest rate and foreign exposure policies
- Ensure Regulatory Reporting in respect of treasury products
- Run and develop daily controls of limits and procedures related to Treasury and to assist in the process to build new tools and procedures to ensure controls
- Maintain strategic capability to meet stressed liquidity conditions if and when required
- Managing policies and controls to support robust financial reporting and control for Treasury
- Assist the Risk and CFO in the preparation of the ICAAP/ILAAP and other regulatory deliverables
- Assisting the CFO in developing and management of treasury policies for the Bank
- Spearhead special projects and other responsibilities as typically required for a rapidly growing bank as directed by the CFO.
Please apply if you have extensive Treasury experience from banking and you are available at short notice. This is a interim, permanent or interim to permanent role. Paid as a day rate or annual salary.