Regional Commercial Accountant
Regional Commercial Accountant – Home Based
Do you enjoy translating financial information to non financial teams providing a true business partnering service? Do you also have a keen interest in sports and value spending time in a number of sports and leisure facilities across the South of England?
Gleeson Recruitment Group is supporting the recruitment of a Regional Commercial Accountant for a US listed organisation. The role will offer daily interaction with a variety of operational stakeholders at sports and leisure facilities throughout the South of England – locations will include Worcester, South Wales, Bristol, Portsmouth, Chelmsford, and Ipswich.
The purpose of the role is to assume responsibility for providing high-quality management information, advice and support to the Finance Director and operational teams and assist in the implementation of profit improvement actions.
As the Regional Commercial Accountant you will be involved in:
* Managing the preparation of regional annual site budgets and work with the Executive Director of Sports and Leisure, Operations Directors, Regional Managers and Branch General Managers to help achieve them.
* Developing, in conjunction with the Financial Controller, and then manage the preparation of robust weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasts.
* Pro-actively working with Regional Managers to standardise best practice and continuously develop our people, systems, and processes
* Interrogating financial and non-financial data to yield recommendations to improve site performance e.g. labour utilisation
* Identifying profit improvement opportunities, implementing recommendations with the assistance of branch, regional and head office teams
* Working closely with the Regional Managers to help manage client relationships
* Preparing new business proposals for review by the Financial Controller
* Attending new business meetings with the business development team as required
Is the Regional Commercial Accountant role right for me?
This is not the type of role where you sit behind a desk in the same office everyday. You will be the sole person from finance supporting the operational sites and this will see you visiting each site as and when needed. Once you have built relationships with the Operational Directors and the clients, the travel will become less important and you will have full autonomy of how you communicate.
This is a great opportunity for a sports loving newly ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified Accountant to gain real commercial experience within fast paced environments. This is the type of role that will provide you with the skill-set needed to move into senior Finance Business Partner roles in the future.
The role is home based, however, you can base yourself at the head office in the Midlands if you prefer.
Regional Commercial Accountant Package:
- £40,000 - £45,000
- 25 days holiday