Airfield Ground Lighting Technician
- Airfield Ground Lighting Technician
- East Midlands Airport
- Permanent- Great Career opportunities
- Salary range £35,000 - £43,000
Do you want to join the largest UK owned airport operator? A position is now available in our Engineering team based at East Midlands Airport.
Manchester Airport Group serves circa 48 million passengers and handles almost 500,000 tonnes of freight per year via our four airports; Manchester, Stansted, East Midlands and Bournemouth. This is your opportunity to join this exciting and ambitious business at a time of growth. Our overall vision as a group is to be the premier airport management and services company and we are striving towards this within every element of our business. You will hold a key role in working towards this.
We are looking to recruit an Airfield Ground Lighting Technician to work within a team responsible for the maintenance, alignment and installation of all Airfield Ground Lighting, including High Mast Lighting, generators and control systems.
The applicant must be able to carry out duties in accordance with equipment manufacturer’s recommendations and CAA/SARG codes of practice. Operational hours require working to a shift system & some lone working is essential.
The successful applicant must possess:
- Time served electrical contracting background.
- Experience in HV, generator systems and regulators.
- AGL course trained Module 1 - 3.
- A full Driving Licence
- Ability to work as part of a small team & maintain a flexible attitude in relation to shift hours & operational requirements.
- In line with Government legislation this position requires a Criminal Record Check. Certain unspent convictions will preclude employment. Applicants must be able to provide a 5-year checkable history, to include self-employment or unemployment.
It is also desirable that you have:
- Previous experience in a UK airport Airfield Ground Lighting engineering environment
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary of between £35,000 and £43,000 per annum with a range of benefits including a contributory pension scheme, an annual bonus scheme and free parking at all of MAG’s airports.
This advert will close when we have had a sufficient number of applicants. Apply now to avoid disappointment.