Performance Motor Vehicle Technician
Performance Motor Vehicle Technician - Permanent
An exciting and rare opportunity is available with a small but well established family run Performance Motor Vehicle Specialist close to Silverstone. As well as general maintenance and repair of standard road vehicles, our client is heavily involved in Motorsport and has an exceptional reputation within the industry which makes this role rather unique and particularly exciting! Being part of this team really would mean being part of something special! If you are passionate mechanic that loves motorsport please read the following carefully.
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria…
• NVQ level 3 or similar (Essential)
• A minimum of 2 years experience as a fully qualified Technician (Essential)
• Your own tools (Essential)
• A full clean UK driving license (Essential)
• You must be a great team player with excellent communication skills
• Sound experience with Diagnostics software
• Forward thinking problem solver with common sense and the ability to work unsupervised
• Organised and methodical, able to maintain a clean, tidy work environment
• Welding experience would be highly regarded but is not essential
• Restoration experience would be highly regarded but is not essential
Usual duties will include but will not be limited to the following
• Repair, Maintenance and Servicing to dealer specification
• Restoration of Vehicles
• Performance upgrades, engine tuning, fitting of role cages and more (training can be provided)
• Preparing rally cars and vehicles for track days (training can be provided)
• Building race engines and rebuilding gear boxes (training can be provided
• Liaising with customers and service advisors on a variety of projects
Usual working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30-5.30 and every other Saturday 9.00 till 12.00 midday. Car parking on site and tea and coffee is provided. A company pension will be provided from August. A salary of between £20,000 -£30,000 is available depending on experience.
If you want to be part of this exciting team please get your application to me before anyone else "Pips you to the Post" as opportunities like this are hard to come by.
K2 Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.