Compliance Quality Officer
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Quality Officer to join a well respected Chartered firm who specialise in investment, pensions, wealth management, and all aspects of professional financial advice. You will manage the relationship and co-ordinate activity between the firm and its compliance partner responsible for the assessment of files relating to the personal recommendations made by the Financial Planners. You are also responsible for the assessment of addendums and annual review letters.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Check the files supporting the personal recommendations made by Financial Planners of addendum business and annual reviews, ensure these comply with the firm’s standards and the regulatory requirements
- Check fact finds, supporting documents, research and illustrations to ensure these are completed to the standard expected of the firm
- Report breaches when identified
- Support the T&C Supervisor with assessing competency, through detailed file reviews
- Provide feedback of full reviews undertaken by the compliance partner to key stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Produce a monthly File Quality report for the Risk & Compliance Director
- Weekly call monitoring of Financial Planners calls to ensure that FCA and DPA regulations are being complied with
- Maintain own competency levels, specifically to remain up to date with regulatory developments
- Provide compliance guidance and advice to the firm, to ensure it acts compliantly at outset and therefore in the interest of clients
To be considered for this role you will have a solid background in compliance monitoring or similar and have attained or be very close to attaining the relevant Level 4 Diploma. The ideal candidate will need to have a very good understanding of the financial services marketplace, to include the regulatory and legislative framework. You will also need knowledge of pensions and investments with a good understanding of Microsoft office applications such as Word. Candidates will also possess superb communication and organisational skills and be highly confident in giving feedback.