Mechanical / Chemical Engineer
Our client, a prestigious, international manufacturing company, based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Mechanical / Chemical Engineer to join their busy Engineering department!
Reporting to the Plant Engineer Co-ordinator, the successful candidate will be required to:
- Provide technical support to improve production rates, quality, reliability, and safety, while reducing the cost and environmental impact of plant operations.
- Provide technical engineering support to identify and solve process, mechanical, operating and maintenance problems.
- Complete root cause analysis on plant failures and implement plant and process improvements.
- Coordinate and supervise the engineering, maintenance and project-related activities in assigned area of responsibility.
- Manage specialists, suppliers and other contractors as required.
- Plan, develop, and coordinate special maintenance work, such as preventative plant maintenance and annual shutdowns, within assigned area of responsibility.
- Develop and monitor the annual maintenance budget for area of responsibility.
- Completion and analysis of all planned inspections. Using inspection data to generate reliability and other improvement projects.
- Identify plant improvement projects. Manage projects and provide technical input to projects not directly managed.
The successful candidate will ideally have a BEng/MEng degree in mechanical or chemical engineering or a related discipline. You will also ideally have previous experience in plant operations, at a chemical or petro-chemical manufacturing facility.
A knowledge of the process, mechanical and chemical manufacturing systems is essential.
Due to the high volume of applications we are currently only accepting written applications, please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd