Account Manager - Field based
My client - one of the UK’s leading web portals are currently recruiting for an Account Manager to join their team. This role is a 12 month fixed term contract.
This role is 50% Account Management and 50% New Business.
The Account Manager will grow customer and revenue sales of products & services to small and medium sized developers and housing associations.
You will develop long term business relationships with key developers within a defined territory to deliver regular and effective account management meetings and increase revenues through a multi-product portfolio.
Other duties include responding to incoming customer calls & queries, minimising cancellations and maintaining accurate and up to date records. Key is the ability to handle complex and sometimes challenging negotiations and achieving winning outcomes for all parties.
What you will actually do:
- 50% Account Management, 50% New Business
- 90% field based, 10% office based
- Develop an understanding of organisational and internal influence structures within all allocated developer customers
- Develop relationships from office manager level to director/owner level as appropriate
- Ensure territory coverage to touch all opportunities on a scheduled basis
- Identify prospects where services can be sold
- Maximise revenue opportunities with existing customers within defined territories/customer groups, ensuring uptake of additional products
- Work with customers that have signalled intent to cancel their subscription in order to reverse their decision and keep the customer`s business
- Maintain accurate records, sales forecast and activity reports
- Reporting on all profiles of customers and activity on a regular basis, and regular updating of the CRM system
- Ensure accuracy of contracts signed including checklists
- Follow up customer queries within 24 hours
- Maintain solid customer relationships and provide outstanding customer service & understand the client`s needs
- Proactively assist agents that are low users of the service
- Assist customers to ensure their listings are high quality and they get the most from the their subscription
- To act as an effective, professional ambassador for the company at all external events, conferences and presentations when required
What you will need:
- Digital/Online Advertising Sales and Account Management experience
- Exposure to or an understanding of the UK Property and online advertising industry - desirable
- Be motivated by ambitious targets and do what it takes to hit them
- Have exceptional customer service skills
- An exceptional ability to negotiate and influence
- Have the agility to juggle multiple tasks, and rapidly adapt approach in a fast-evolving business environment
- Good ability with PowerPoint, Excel and Word packages
- A credible professional, being an effective presenter and communicator at individual and group level; being able to present at group meetings
- Take pride in being accurate, diligent and well organised
- A high degree of honesty and integrity
- A team player and an effective but likeable communicator
- Be positive in attitude and communication, with a can-do approach
This role is paying a basic salary up to £40,000 depending on experience with up to £12,000 commission