Senior Technical Operator
£28000 - £33000/annum pension, overtime, package
Location; Nottingham, East Midlands
Techsearch are currently recruiting a hugely successful global FMCG company. The company is a fast paced, multi-cultural working environment, who take pride in achievement and have a personal commitment to delivery.
You will be reporting to the shift leader, the role involves working in a small team with complete responsibility for delivering KPIs including production demands, OEE and Health and Safety for your line. Defining, planning and leading maintenance tasks, ensuring that the line team fulfil their duties driving autonomous maintenance and continuous improvement activities, including changeover reduction. A key challenge of role is to train and pass on knowledge to Production Team Members to maximise productivity.
The role: Your Challenge!
-provide technical line leadership and support
-Delivery of SOP's
- Lead problem solving activities on the lines
-Perform routine product testing and quality checks
-Control of line changeovers and Carry out routine maintenance
* Operating manufacturing machinery in accordance to laid down procedures.
* Ability to co-operate with the employer in assisting them to fulfil their statutory duties
* Meeting operational line / plant targets / waste targets
* Minimising machine / plant down time
* Carrying out of basic routine maintenance (mechanical aptitude is essential)
* Having a flexible approach to your work arrangements
Ideally You will be trained in an engineering discipline, ideally Production Engineering or NVQ level 2/3 apprenticeship. With significant experience gained working within a large manufacturing facility, preferably in the pharmaceutical, food and drink or similar FMCG.
We're looking for our next generation of skilled Technical Operators. Joining as a Trainee Technical Operator with the aim to progress with full training to become a fully skilled Technical Operator this is a fantastic career opportunity for those with drive and determination.
Your role will be key to the production of our quality products. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred. Our Technical Operators will be the first line response in maintaining optimal performance across this technology.
Key skills & experience
* Technical Processing Plant / Machine Knowledge
* Continuous improvement techniques
* Good mechanical aptitude (Essential)
If you are interested in this role please apply now to Mike Butler.
Join our a winning Team!