Science Solutions are currently recruiting for a HSE Manager for a large pharmaceutical company based in South-Wales on a permanent basis.
- experience in a sterile facility who may also have worked with occupational toxicology and associated toxicological reporting.
- To manage compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
The job holder is responsible for the co-ordination of site wide EHS requirements and actions in conjunction with departmental managers for compliance including auditing and ensuring departmental responsibilities are identified and achieved to timescales.
- The job holder is also responsible for the preparation and hosting of the ISO 14001 and any other H&S and Environmental auditing.
- The job holder is required to work on their own initiative with support from the Chief Operating Officer.
- The job holder is responsible for adhering to SOPs, Health & Safety, GMP and other regulatory guidelines.
Knowledge and experience:
- Relevant degree, NEBOSH certificate, IOSH and IEMA member. Lead auditor.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in industry minimum, stand-alone advisory role.
- Experienced in writing key policies, procedures and handbooks.
- Carrying out risk assessment, liaison with relevant external bodies.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment Law.
- Knowledge of EMS/ISO14001 with proven track record of achievement.
- Developing awareness raising and training programmes, delivery of same.
- Previous experience of co-ordinating internal committees.
- Comprehensive management reporting including to Executive Committee/Board level.
- Identification and co-ordination of Occupational Health requirements based on risk assessment.