Our client based in Totnes, is looking for an assistant to join their small, and very busy Buying team. You will play a supportive role to the Buying Manager, and other team members. To do this successfully you will need to be highly enthusiastic, with a committed and passionate attitude. This role will play a pivotal part in the team, as sometimes you may be left alone, during busy periods to be acting Buying Manager, should the post holder be abroad. The teams purpose is to provide the customers with products which are on brand, and to ensure that they are delivered on time and on budget. This role would suit someone who has perhaps graduated, and has an interest in buying, or has worked in an administrative role, where organisation and co-ordination are key! Good Excel skills are a must, and Adobe photoshop would be an advantage, but is not essential. Also if you happen to speak French, German, Spanish or Italian this would be an advantage, but it is by no means essential.
Duties Associated with this Position include;
- Chasing up samples from suppliers.
- Obtaining quotations.
- Keeping the samples in order.
- File uploads for the various new skus.
- Completing specifications, including weights and dimensions, H&S, barcodes, labelling etc.
- Creating spec sheets.
- Collating an image library for new products, for use at Trade Shows and catalogues, by booking in the necessary photography, and ensuring the necessary items in place.
- Supplier feedback.
- Proof Reading of brochures.
- Managing bespoke orders.
- Booking & managing trips for members of the buying team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving business, who look to progress their staff. The working environment is highly positive, and would suit someone used to working to a fast pace, and that enjoys being busy. If this sounds like the role you have been waiting for, apply today!