Job Title: Designer
Location: Pynes Hill, Exeter
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 per annum dependent on experience
Position: Full Time, Permanent
The company, a major online retailer of craft materials and publisher of market-leading craft books, requires a creative Designer to join the Content team in their busy Exeter office.
The Designer will create artwork for all areas of the business, from design for print to web graphics, working from and interpreting written and verbal briefs. Reporting to the Design Manager, work will include book page layout, cover design, catalogue design, web and video graphics, and marketing materials.
There will be opportunities to attend photo and video shoots and liaise with freelance illustrators and editors. You will need excellent communications skills, be highly organised, able to work on your own initiative, and enjoy working under pressure to create outstanding visual materials.
- Relevant design qualification such as HNC, HND, Degree (or recent relevant experience).
- Commercial experience of design for print and web graphics.
- Creativity and design skills - a solid appreciation of typography, image manipulation, layout and colour.
- Sound knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Primarily InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Working knowledge of the print process, including colour space and print specifications.
- Ability to produce creative designs to tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work to a brief.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to interact personably with authors, freelancers and team members.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps, including Mail, Calendar and Drive.
- An interest in crafts.
The role is full-time, based in Pynes Hill, Exeter. Please apply with covering letter, CV and design portfolio link or PDF of your commercial design work. Applications without portfolio supplied will not be considered.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Graphic Designer, Digital Designer, Graphical Designer, Adobe Designer, Photoshop Designer, InDesign Designer, Illustrator, Illustrator Designer, Marketing Designer, Magazine Designer, will also be considered for this role.