Part-time Female Support Worker - Maes Road, Llanelli - 22.5 hou
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.
Are you considering entering a fun, enjoyable and exciting career working as a Support Worker for Mencap? If so, here`s the perfect job for you! We are currently seeking to recruit a Female Support Worker to join our passionate and committed team in Llanelli, Wales on a contract, part-time basis.
You will be joining a delightful team of people who consistently strive to challenge attitudes and influence those who can help us change the lives of people with a Learning Disability. This is so we can help those that we support live as independently as possible in a Supported Living environment and to ensure they gain full access to the community.
This position consists of working 22.5 hours per week which includes possible waking nights - therefore, full flexibility is required. You will be supporting two wonderful females with a learning disability to do just the same things you and others do. This might be anything from cooking and cleaning, going to the supermarket or taking part in fun activities to dancing and laughing, hand massaging and watching their favourite films. You will help them to lead the life they choose and very much deserve!
Please click on one of the pink `Additional Information` buttons below to present you with our One Page Profiles for the two lovely ladies that we support within this service. This will help you to understand their needs and what they enjoy doing the most!
- Assisting with full personal care
- Administering medication
- Updating support plan
- Accurately keeping notes of any changes within the people we support
- Assist in gaining access to the community
- Assisting with general household tasks
- Participating in recreational activities
The team you will be joining are friendly and welcoming, with a supportive and encouraging Manager who is eager for their staff to advance in the best way possible. We are looking for someone with a `can-do` attitude, who is enthusiastic, caring, strongly motivated, outgoing and has a calm demeanour when needed. The people we support within this service require their Support Workers to have a genuine interest in assisting them to live as independently as possible.
- A full drivers licence and access to a vehicle, with the willingness to take out business insurance, which is required
- Ideally 21 years or older due to insurance purposes when driving a mobility vehicle
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and within a constantly changing environment
- Ability to complete paperwork
- A willingness to participate in waking nights is highly desirable
Does this sound like you? If yes, then we would love to hear from you! Please click the pink `Apply` button below to complete the application process.
*This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1
Job Reference: 8076
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract