Project Engineer Controls and Instrumentation
We are recruiting on behalf of an established manufacturing company near Basignstoke for a Project Engineer to join the Contols and Instrumentation department to ensure that engineering projects are costed, designed, installed and commissioned to agreed deadlines and budgets.
- Delivering engineering projects through technical feasibility, pre-contract, design construction phases to commissioning and handover
- Plan, organise and control projects with regards to both day to day and longer term targets
- Undertake technical feasibility studies and develop project plans incoporating design, construction and cost modelling
- Prepare Piping and Instrumentation Drawings, Software Functional Design Specifications and Software Design Specifications
- Manage and produce project documentation
- Coordinate on-site works
- Diagnose process and engineering related plant conditions
- Minimise the impact of projects on day to day operations
- Give guidance and training to employees
Applicants must be qualified to degree or management level with experience of project management in a large scale manufacturing or processing environment with an understanding of PLC and DCS. Experience of Foxboro, ABB 800XA, Siemens S7, Gem-80 or Vendor Package Units would be an advantage. The successful candidate must be able to use project management IT packages as well as AutoCAD and have an understanding of Environmental Management techniques.
The position can either be permanent with a salary of up to £50,000 p/a depending on experience or contract with a daily rate up to £320 per day.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidate's, if you have not heard from us within 7 days unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.