Youth Education Coordinator Leeds
Youth Education Coordinator
Contract type: Permanent
Salary GBP GBP 21158
About the role
The Youth Education Co-ordinator will be accountable for providing education (first aid, reduction of stigmatising behaviour and conflict) to targeted risk audience groups and individuals identified with an increased risk of an identified crisis and develop community relationships/ partnerships to support this approach. The work will focus on developing learner confidence and willingness to act in a crisis. This post is line managed by the Crisis Education Manager, and will line manage volunteers.
About the organisation
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts. Our volunteers and staff help people in crisis to live independently by providing support at home, mobility aids and transport. We also teach first aid skills. We are part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network. We refuse to ignore people in crisis.
About the team For those with an increased risk of experiencing a crisis, and to develop individual and community resilience, our education offer will ensure all those reached are better equipped to understand, cope and take action. Our education team delivers vital skills that help people cope with and take action in a crisis. Our vision is a world where everyone gets the help they need in a crisis. Education offers a way to secure the help of others in achieving our vision. As part of this we want everyone in the UK to have the opportunity to learn first aid/education, and identified risk groups to have the skills and confidence to be able to cope in a crisis, so they can help themselves and others.
About the Person
The Youth Education Co-ordinator will also complete the following duties
- Work with the Crisis Education Manager to plan, develop and deliver the crisis education offer. To work collaboratively with the crisis education support centre, as directed by the Crisis Education Manager.
- Support and implement the crisis education day to day operations, to ensure there is an effective and efficient dynamic education offer and business process.
- To manage, develop and maintain local education partnerships, networks and relationships with schools and other formal/ informal educational organisations.
- To recruit, train, develop and manage a team of volunteers responsible for facilitating crisis education.
- To support the implementation of the education quality framework to ensure the appropriate level of assessment, evaluation and monitoring is in place.
- To support the development of the Crisis Education team and resources, through shared learning and input into working groups/research.
- Work alongside the Education Mangers to provide a consistent communication in the development of internal and external partnerships.
- Support local and national education teams to achieve an efficient and effective operational delivery.
- To attend Area and National meetings/ training courses, to adhere to national standards and as directed by the Crisis Education Manager.
- Implement and develop the highest standard of customer service and relationship management to internal and external customers and stakeholders.
Closing date for applications is 23.59 on 24th May 2017
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
Should you have any questions on this role please email us at or call us on quoting reference REQ0000013XL
The British Red Cross is committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences - including disabled and ethnic minority candidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need to respond to people in crisis.
As part of its recruitment and selection process the British Red Cross undertakes DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checking of all individuals who regularly work with or have access to children and vulnerable adults.
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Follow us on Twitter @RedCrossJobsUK and on Linked in - British Red Cross, to hear about our latest job vacancies.
Refusing to ignore people in crisis