Multiple Site Manager
Job title - Multiple Site Building Manager
Reports to - Managing Director
Accountable for - All production staff, health & safety matters, Construction activities.
Job purpose- To manage and supervise direct staff and subcontractors. Determine and order plant, material as required. Ensure projects are completed to strict time, cost and quality targets.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- For allocating staff to specific projects.
- Control information flow for projects and ensure up to date.
- Keep accurate records of own and team activities.
- Ensure health & safety levels are maintained and paperwork up to date.
- Liaise with customers and clients on a regular basis.
- Support surveying department to ensure tight cost controls.
- To ensure KPI’s are delivered accurately and on time, reported, managed and communicated.
- Prepare and/or update risk assessments and method statements, COSHH assessments when necessary.
- Preparing and then managing project programmes.
- Plan diary
- Check actions are planned and executed.
- Communicate with site foremen and/or carry out site visits.
- Record daily diary of activities including staff levels relating to individual projects.
- Ensure site teams are fully resourced (labour, plant, materials) to operate efficiently.
- Monitor H & S, material and plant requirements.
- 121 with Managing director.
- Follow up actions from 121’s.
- Manage any ongoing project and site visits.
- Communicate with clients to ensure satisfaction.
- Keep health and safety paperwork up to date.
- Attend weekly office/team meeting and report on progress.
- Manage health and safety audits.
- Prepare reports for surveying/estimating departments.
- Review staff/training requirements.
- Prepare and submit monthly personal expenses claim form.
- Review targets and budgets against actuals and adjust accordingly.
- Liaise with the retained health and safety advisor.
- Attend internal company meetings as necessary.
- Attend client meetings/presentations as necessary.
The company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the company’s business.
- CSCS Card
- Asbestos Awareness
- First Aid at Work
What they require from you
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability, you will lead by example adhering to the hours appropriate to the job.
- You have a strong willingness and optimistic attitude to grow this role.
- You have an interest in business and appreciate the importance of this role as a support role for the smooth operation of the business.
- You are highly professional and positive in your thoughts, words, actions and appearance.
- You are extremely organised and efficient and deliver on results even under pressure.
- The work you produce is consistently neat and presentable and you have an excellent eye for detail.
- You have a clear, confident and captivating voice and telephone manner.
- You will fully live the vision, mission and values of the Company.
- You enjoy working independently and sometimes alone without constant supervision, and have an eye and passion for perfection in everything you do.
- When working as part of a team you value the input of others and take responsibility for the part you have to play.
- You must consistently follow processes which are in place and help develop new ones or improve current processes, a high degree of self-compliance is expected.
- You must manage expectations and priorities in terms of time, cost and quality, particularly when there is likely to be failure in meeting a deadline.
- You have a 'consider it done’ attitude and hate making excuses when things are not done, you must see life as managing conflicting priorities and be good at it.
- You are described as a great finisher who is determined to get the results and you persist until the task is completed.
- You learn from your mistakes, continually acquire new skills and ways of improving what you do. You have a passion for improving your education and learning- via reading, audio-books, training courses etc.
- You are proficient at using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and internet Explorer and have a high degree of computer literacy.
- You are able to manage yourself and others, including filing systems, computer systems and all general day to day site activity.
- You have your own neat and well presented car (this will be discussed at interview stage)
In working order with a valid drivers license.
- You have a mobile phone which is operational at all times, and you agree to be available for after-hours contact where necessary.
- You have a great team ethic and enjoy showing loyalty and support to each team member
What you can expect from the role
- Part of an ambitious, expanding quality driven company.
- Opportunities for growth personally and professionally.
- Be part of a team culture, willing to take on feedback and evolve.
- Primarily work in Sussex, but maybe expected to drive throughout the South East and London.
- Normal working hours will be 7.30-5.00 Monday to Friday. But as and when expected to work evenings and weekends.
- You will receive annual holiday of 28 days (to be calculated pro rata + bank holidays).
- Your remuneration package will be between £30k-40k depending on experience.