Credit Analyst - Marine & Shipping Specialist
Our Client is a leading, world renowned Commodity Trading house with a truly global reach; this role exists within the Energy Trading business which trades various products including Oil & Gas.
We are seeking an experienced, commercially orientated Credit Analyst to join an established team in London, who can demonstrate a confident, likeable personality and a sound understanding of credit risk assessment and management in the context of a commodities trading environment with specific experience in analysing Shipping companies with a solid understanding of the shipping sector.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and driven individual who can demonstrate a sound understanding of credit risk assessment and management in the context of a fast-paced commodities trading environment or research company. As you will have regular liaison with Front Office, strong communications are essential, as is the ability to learn fast and take initiative to broaden your knowledge.
As Credit Analyst - Marine & Shipping Specialist, your key responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Responsible for a portfolio of counterparties operating in the marine and shipping sector.
- Assess and advise on counterparty risk and mitigations.
- Recommend internal limits, security instruments, payment and credit terms.
- Monitor credit and performance risk, report non-performing counterparties and adverse credit events.
- Assist with the negotiation and execution of parent company guarantees, netting agreements, fuel, and freight agreements.
- Manage the portfolio credit insurance.
- Ensure compliance with the internal policy & procedures.
- Engage with Front, Middle and Back offices functions, legal counsels, advisors and key stake holder to resolve credit related issues.
- Perform ad-hoc research and analysis.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Educated with a degree in finance and shipping with solid financial analysis skill.
- Minimum 2-year experience analysing shipping companies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently.
- Self-motivated and ability to learn quickly and take initiative to broaden his/her knowledge.
- Ability to work in a team and engage with others is essential.
- Additional languages are an advantage.