Childcare Apprenticeships Across East London
My client is a well-established Nursery setting with sites based in three locations - Hackney, Islington & Finchley. They are currently seeking a nursery assistant for both Hackney & Islington, to able to provide care to the children, whilst demonstrating a willingness to learn.
As a nursery nurse, you will ensure the safety and care of the children aged 3months-5years.
This Apprenticeship is suitable for someone who is looking to start a career in the childcare sector, but has little or no experience, recent school/college/sixth form leavers looking for a change in their career path. Due to the nature of the Apprenticeship, full training will be provided over the 12 month period of your contract with the opportunity to advance to a full time role within the company.
- Contribute to a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
- Give support to other team members throughout the nursery setting.
- Work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
- Commit to Safeguarding children and provide support to other staff in ensuring children are kept safe and happy
- Be prepared to help where needed, including undertaking certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing equipment etc.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery's philosophy is fulfilled
Is this the ideal role for you? If so you must possess the following traits and skills:
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Well Organised
- Has the ability to prioritise workloads
- Genuine interest in working with children
- Has a positive attitude
- Is willing to learn and take on new challenges
- Voluntary or work experience in early years/nursery setting preferred
- General knowledge of how children learn and develop
- Enjoyment of children, interest in their care, learning and development
- Ability to communicate well with adults and children
- GCSE Maths & English - Grade C or above
- Gaining work based experience
- A nationally recognised qualification
- Competitive apprentice salary
- On-going training and support
- Career development and progression
- Fun Days