Sales person (£17-£20k DOE plus commission) is needed to join a leading supplier to the Arts and Entertainment industry in St Ives, Cambridgeshire, who has worked with top touring and production companies around world since 1982.
The main purpose of the role is to proactively sell the client’s products to new and existing customers across the UK
The main responsibilities of the Salesperson will be:-
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with prospective and existing clients;
- Obtain orders, cross and upsell as required to maintain and develop relationships with existing clients;
- Establish new accounts by working to agreed call out plans and developing rapport with prospective clients;
- Work closely with other colleagues in the Sales team to meet monthly sales targets;
- Undertaking market research to identify opportunities.
- Provide cover for other departments in times of sickness or annual leave.
- As required, attend UK-based exhibitions to promote the Company’s products and meet clients;
- As required, visit clients together with other colleagues to promote the Company’s products.
The Salesperson must have demonstrable experience of meeting sales targets, cold calling and customer service experience as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills and Maths and English to a minimum of GCSE or equivalent standard with C grades or above.
You should also possess the following skills and attributes
- Excellent telephone manner and be confident in dealing with customers at different levels
- Computer literate, confidence in use of MS Office, internet and email
- Accuracy and attention to detail, able to self-check
- Able to present self and the Company to an extremely high professional standard
- Able to develop and maintain excellent client relationships
- Self-motivated and keen to develop product knowledge
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure in a busy sales office
- Excellent attitude and approach towards delivering customer service
Some experience in a similar sales role/industry would be beneficial as would a driving licence and access to a vehicle due to the location of the office.
In return you will benefit from a competitive salary, a private healthcare scheme and 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
If you come from a sales background and are interested in this salesperson role, please apply today, our client is looking forward to meeting you.