Customer Support Engineer - Oil and Gas
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineer to come and join a world-class engineering company who provide mechanical solutions to power generation, oil and gas, nuclear, wind and aerospace industries.
You will join the team as a Customer Support Engineer and will act as the main point of contact for your given portfolio of customers. Technical knowledge within engineering is essential.
Customer Support Engineer brief responsibilities:
- Liaise with the engineering team on all technical, contractual and commercial issues including supporting the overseas facilities to ensure customer needs are met.
- Liaise with sales teams to ensure specifications and customer requirements are fully met, from initial enquiry to commission.
- Manages recovery of sales cost to maximise profit.
- Provide accurate financial forecasts as required by the Northern Europe Business Leader.
- Prepare and issue professional quotations.
- Develop new client relationships and maintain and build on those.
- Participate in LEAN Process Improvement activities and use appropriate tools - Kaizen events, Value Stream Maps, 6S etc.
The successful Customer Support Engineer will:
- have an HNC or equivalent qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- have at least two years experience working within oil and gas market in a commercial, sales or operational role.
- have experience in and a proven track record of delivering results in a similar role.
- search for solutions, drive continuous improvement and constantly raise the bar to stretch own and others' levels of achievement.
- be able to demonstrate strong commercial awareness.
- have excellent organisational and communication skills.
- have excellent IT skills - essential
- have a full UK driving licence and passport as there may be a requirement for some travel to our other customer sites.
- have experience with on-site machining but not essential.
The Customer Support Engineer role is a very demanding but extremely rewarding position, working for a forward thinking global company and is a great opportunity for someone wishing to accelerate their career in the oil and gas sector.