Rutherford Briant are recruiting for an Assistant Accountant in Colchester on a 6 month FTC. Our client is a FTSE 100 business with a global presence. As an Assistant Accountant you will have responsibility and ownership for reporting on the profitability and associated balance sheets of your divisions.
- Prepare, reconcile and analyse where appropriate aspects of the monthly Management Accounts for specific product areas; this may cover multiple divisions.
- Reconcile revenue to information and explanations from the business and between the accounting system and SAP system
- Perform WIP analysis, product costing, provisions (i.e. stock)
- Understand and apply within working practices the key drivers that impact the monthly Management Accounting reports
- Assist in the production of financial analysis
- Royalty, profit share and commission calculations
- Calculate bad debt provisions, accruals and prepayments
- Analyse and solve ad hoc problems using your knowledge of the business and the systems
- Assist with ad hoc duties as needed, including covering workload in other teams
- Calculate bonus/commissions provisions
- Process intercompany transactions
- Checking sub ledgers from internal departments
- Liaise with Finance Operations and Cash Operations for reconciliation queries
- Capitalising assets and running depreciation
- Perform reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Publish financial results in SAP FC
- Budgeting, forecasting, modelling and analysis of direct cost base and divisional recharges (Global Support team only)
- Tax & Compliance duties as required by your SSC
The successful applicant will be an AAT qualified candidate. Previous experience of SAP would be an advantage.