Assistant Headteacher - Swindon - Relocating package available
Swindon Academy, which opened in September 2007 as the first 0-19 academy in the UK, is focused on raising standards for children and young people to ensure that the school is the best it possibly can be for our community. We moved into spectacular new accommodation in December 2010.
The academy has over 1500 students on roll, with 850 in the primary phase at two schools, 550 in the secondary phase in years 7 - 11 and 120 in our sixth form. An overarching senior leadership team creates the vision, direction and strategy for the academy, and has representatives from the primary phase on its membership. In January 2014, an HMI visit confirmed that, "There is a coherent and consistent approach to driving school improvements at all levels and across the different phases of the school. Morale is high and there is a palpable determination to make Swindon Academy an outstanding school".
We are looking for a Assistant Headteacher who:
- is an outstanding classroom practitioner
- is a dynamic leader with high expectations and a commitment to improvement
- can demonstrate excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to implement whole school change
- has clear vision, energy and commitment to all aspects of school life
- has a desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and life-chances of our children
Swindon Academy can offer you:
- enthusiastic, friendly children who are eager to learn and a joy to be with
- hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic staff
- supportive leadership and a committed Governing Body
- a very happy and caring place to work
- the chance to work in strategic partnership with the primary Headteacher and the leadership team.
- the unique opportunity to work with our Joint SLT including leaders from every phase of the academy
- A guaranteed CPD offer with real opportunities to develop as a leader
- A generous relocation package if you live more than 50 miles away from the academy and move to within 25 miles of the school.
As a key member of our leadership team you would be expected to take the lead in a key aspect of strategic school development and the raising of standards. If you would like to be part of a great team and work in a great school with a unique ethos, we would very much like to meet you. If you would like to visit the academy or receive an application pack, please contact Kieron McNeill on or email Deadline for applications: Friday 18th May