Quality Engineer: Continuous Improvement
Responsible for ensuring that expected product quality is achieved through correct standards and documentation. Achieved through collaboration with manufacturing, D&D, suppliers and others as required.
What the job entails
* To work with D&D (Design Authority or other) and ensure the key dimensions and associated tolerances for all parts, bringing the drawings up-to-date. To make them available to appropriate suppliers as required.
* To review the Quality Acceptance criteria for each product and bring up-to-date including Test Specifications TS, reference samples and other means. To update the QC and related report sheets at each flow-line.
* To review all Manufacturing Instructions MI for each product and ensure up-to-date, re-publishing where necessary to each flow-line.
* To liaise effectively with other stake-holders including Certification and Standards Engineer, Production Managers, Quality Manager et al.
* To coordinate the prioritized changes necessary via the Change Request system and ensure associated documentation is effectively controlled.
* To ensure the awareness of operators and others to ensure best quality standards through coordinating tool-box talks, trainings, etc.
* To prepare suitable reports to track progress and manage issues.
* To collaborate closely with quality team colleagues and support the wider range of quality activity.
* To support continuous improvement initiatives in the facility.
* To evaluate operational systems and drive design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in product/systems requirements.
* To prepare technical plans using computer-aided engineering and design software - e.g. 2D and 3D CAD.
* To ensure both factory and cell design meet all customer requirements.
* Hold a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in an appropriate engineering or technical discipline
* Minimum 5 years quality management or manufacturing engineering experience gained through new product development and new product introduction.
* Experience of quality management systems, particularly ISO9000, ISO13485, AS9100 or TS16949. This includes procedures and internal auditing
* Ability to interpret engineering drawings, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
* Good verbal and written communication skills and MS
* Excellent problem solving skills along strong analytical techniques
* CAD experience - Solid works or ProE
* Knowledge of SAP and Windchill
* Good understanding of medium to large manufacturing process
* Documentation author or Quality Inspector experience
* Can do attitude
* Lean Manufacturing experience
Type: 12 month contract
Salary: £29k - £31k (experienced) - £26k (graduate)
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
Start Date: ASAP
Our client is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact.
Interested in applying?
Send your up-to-date CV and a short letter as to why you are right person for the job.