Healthcare Assistant - Nights - Birkenhead
Talento Recruitment is one of the fastest growing recruitment consultancies in the UK. We are suppliers of permanent candidates into the Nursing, Health & Social Care sectors as well as HR sectors.
Our client is looking to recruit healthcare assistants to work nights in a care home with nursing in Oxton, Birkenhead.
As a Healthcare Assistant you will:
- Ensure the highest levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting clients, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, and all other aspects of daily living.
- Assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as needed.
- Observe care planning needs for clients and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Answer Nurse call system, giving assistance as required.
- Under the supervision and guidance of senior Care Staff, report on the well-being of Clients.
- Communicate professionally and warmly with visitors family members, and other health care professionals.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care Home.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined time scales.
The successful candidate must have:
- NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- One year experience in long term care or assisted living or home health preferred
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate
- Caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel)
Salary is £14,508-£19,344 based on 36-48 hour contract. Hourly rate is £7.75
Please call Leanne Irving for more information about this role or apply online.