Finance and Office Manager
Main purpose of the job
My client is a research charity based in Camden.
They are currently looking for a highly organised, motivated, enthusiastic and flexible individual to join our growing team as Finance and Office Manager [FOM]. The FOM will manage the day-to-day running of the office and work alongside our Finance Officer to ensure smooth financial reporting.
The FOM will be flexible and able to balance competing priorities. They'll be open to supporting the team in whatever activities arise. The FOM will be excellent at setting up and following regular processes and procedures, and will be given the autonomy to implement their own processes to get the best results for the charity and the team. They will help drive a culture of efficiency across the whole team.
The right candidate will understand the importance of effective office management to achieve our charitable goals, and want to contribute to our vision of a world through what we believe in. If this is you please apply below.
- Exceptional organisational skills, particularly in planning work to tight deadlines and encouraging effective organisation throughout the team
- Accustomed to dealing with financial figures and accounts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Trustworthy, responsible, professional and committed
- A self-starter who is motivated by results
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Accustomed to dealing with confidential issues and correspondence
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Package
- Good standard of general education
- Passionate about improving outcomes in women's cancers
- Minimum 2 years' experience in an Office Manager role or similar administrative
- Experience in a financial role and SAGE accounting software
- Finance qualification (not essential)
Public Affairs and Operations Manager
Public Affairs and Operations Manager, Finance Officer, Chief Executive, Senior Management Team, Suppliers, Volunteers
Scope of the job and responsibilities
- Ensuring a professional "front of house" response to telephone, email and written enquiries from stakeholders and the general public
- Undertake general office administration including organising, managing and reviewing external services and suppliers such as office stationery IT support, telecoms, cleaning, electricity, mail fulfilment and couriers, recycling and waste, photocopier, alarm system and building maintenance
- Monitor office costs in order to ensure financial efficiency and spending is kept within budget
- Monitor our utilities contracts, seeking renewals /replacements when needed
- Order stationery and supplies and carrying out audits of supplies
- Manage and maintain IT equipment and systems, both software and hardware
- Managing the Volunteer Programme including recruitment, supervision and policy
- Ensure written guidance, internal procedures and protocols are kept up-to-date and reviewed regularly
- Maintain annual calendars
Work alongside the Finance Officer in daily finance responsibilities including:
- Collating all donations weekly onto excel spreadsheets to be entered in Sage Line 50 Accounts Plus
- Processing invoices and ensuring suppliers are paid on time
- Supporting the charity's fundraising activity by providing up to date and accurate monitoring information, financial and otherwise
- Sustaining a well organised and safe working environment for employees and volunteers
- Ensuring fulfilment of Health and Safety legislation and necessary insurances, first aid and maintenance agreements are kept up to date
- A handover within 6 months of the responsibility for daily HR management including maintaining annual leave and sick leave records, staff contracts, recruitment, inductions, team building / motivation, and working with our external HR consultant to ensure the best HR processes are
Knowledge of office health and safety
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.