Michael Page have been retained to source a Product Controller with a Global Drinks Brand with a boutique feel based in Glasgow City Centre.
Our client specialize in high-end drinks. Primarily very high quality Whisky and Gin. They are also very much on the acquisition trail Globally.
- Support Finance Director in all production controlling activities, including:
- Actual and monthly COGS and Capex analysis in close collaboration with Bottling hall, production and finance department
- Periodic Forecasting and Budgeting support, ensuring bottom-up planning is completed with rigour and accuracy
- Design, improvement, and development of reporting, forecasting and management information tools, ensuring consistency and user-friendliness
- Provide support to the brand team in A&P/ROI and RRSP analysis between the different markets where our brands are distributed
- Engage the whole PHD business in a pro-active manner, partnering closely with Production, Marketing and Operations teams, as well as liaising closely with the rest of the Finance team
- Engage the wider Remy Cointreau business, including central Finance and Operational functions in Paris and Angers, providing all the information and support they need.
- Part Qualified or Recently Qualified in Accounting / Finance
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Ideally an FMCG background, W&S industry is a plus
- Strong Excel skills, including financial modelling experience
- SAP/TROPOS and Management Information Tool knowledge a plus
- Interpersonal skills:
- Independent and rigorous, focus on relevance and accuracy
- Trust and integrity
- Commercially astute and able to discuss the wider business/ industry with ease
- Well organised, strong communication skills
- Project management and autonomy, liking working in an "entrepreneurial" context
- Strong analytical skills and business driven / results oriented attitude
- Ability to work with professionals at all levels and from different functions
- Hard-working and hands-on
- Curious: interested in getting into the detail of analysis
- Assist in driving the COGS analysis, developing a deep understanding of the mechanics of the production cost processes
- Partner closely with Production director, Bottling Hall manager and Head Distiller, ensuring that cost components of the production costs are closely monitored, controlled and reported
- Support the Brand team in their tracking and forecasting of Advertising & Promotion expenses, as well as supporting analysis of Global A&P spend by the RC markets
- Developing the appropriate tools, analysis (with relevant level of details) and ways of working / processes
- Be pro-active in engaging and explaining financial concepts to non-finance individuals
Support the periodic budget/forecast process, under the supervision of the Finance Director, in coordination with the production and brand team.
- Support the accounting team in different areas, contributing to the month-end close, specifically:
- Assist in analysis of accruals, fixed asset and COGS reporting
- Liaise with other departments: consolidation, tax, treasury, IT, legal, corporate & brand controlling, supply chain, production, customer service as appropriate