Quantity Surveyor (Civil)
FM Conway are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our growing teams.
You will be based at our prestigious office in Sevenoaks, in one of Kent's best locations which boasts’ a beautiful, green environment and on site facilities that include a restaurant, free gym and parking.
As a Quantity Surveyor the main job purposes includes costs analysis for Contracts within the Civil Engeineering deparment as well as risk and value management to control cost activities.
Other duties include:
- To provide advice on procurement strategy to include cost value analysis and procurement of sub contractors.
- To manage Early Warning and contractual claims.
- To value work and arrange invoice and payment application to clients, and payments to sub contractors.
- To monitor and report forecast against actual costs and value throughout the programme of activities; to include site visits where required.
- To prepare forecasting of profit and loss reports for the Management Team to review monthly.
- To analyse cost trends and identify cost savings in support of the Contract team.
- To undertake other duties and ad hoc projects as required.
This is just a snapshot of the dynamic Surveyor role that you could be granted.
All we ask is that you are able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- CSCS card
- Solid experience of quantity surveying in the industry
- Previous experience of working in Civil and Rail construction
- Previous role(s) in a commercially focussed organisation
- Computer literate
- Technically competent in industry disciplines
- Experience of NEC, JCT and ICE contracts
This is a great opportunity to work in an innovative and fast paced environment - we can offer you a real sense of contribution to the business, career & professional development, and a range benefits including pension, life assurance, and a holiday entitlement that exceeds statutory provisions.
If the position of the Quantity Surveyor is of an interest to you, please use the relevant links to apply.