Our client requires an Accounts Administrator which is a standalone position based within a busy sales & operations office. This person will take responsibility for our debtor's list and will be carrying out daily, weekly and monthly purchase ledger tasks to a deadline. It is a varied role, with multiple tasks across the accounts function. A bookkeeping/accountancy qualification would be ideal however candidates that are qualified by experience will also be considered.
This is a busy role within a process driven accounts department, so you will be matching, coding & processing purchase ledger invoices in keeping with procedure.
The company use Access Dimensions accounting software, and experience of this would be helpful.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 9 am to 5:30 pm.
Alongside the salary with this position the company also offers a company bonus paid monthly based on sales achieved which can equate to around 5 % of the annual salary, discretionary Christmas bonus and Stakeholder pension.
- Post customer receipts received via bank transfer, cheque & credit card
- Allocating accounts, pro-actively investigate differences
- Banking cheques
- Dealing with customer account queries
- Correspond with customers regarding overdue accounts
- Update our accounts software with confirmed payment dates, releasing held accounts
- Liaising with the Order Fulfilment & Sales Teams regarding held orders
- Chase debtors, via email & telephone
- Handling invoice queries & investigating with the Order Fulfilment Team
- Weekly reporting
- Matching goods received notes with supplier invoices
- Pro-actively investigating differences regarding quantities & prices
- Processing purchase ledger invoices
- Reconcile supplier statements & managing queries
- Producing weekly & monthly supplier payment runs
- Purchase ledger administration duties
- Process company credit card statements
- Open post & distribute daily
- Produce & send monthly customer statements and deal with queries
- Petty cash management & reporting
- Experience - worked in an SME environment within a similar role
- Previous use of Access Dimension accounts software would be advantageous
- Technical - QBE or a qualification in bookkeeping or accounting
- Professional demeanour and attitude, outgoing and friendly
- Organised, focussed, confident, honest
- Excellent telephone manner - be comfortable using the telephone as a proactive tool
- Good computer skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills - to maintain sound relationships with customers, sales partners and colleagues