Our client has continued its success as a leading manufacturer and provider of pharmaceuticals and cosmetics. They are now looking for a Brand Manager to complement their marketing team.
As a medium-sized family owned Company the organisation’s lack of bureaucracy and structure encourages autonomy and rapid decision-making within a fully supportive environment. This would suit someone who is potentially frustrated with a big corporate culture.
The Brand Management role is absolutely central to this Sales and Marketing focused Company, with ownership and responsibility for all aspects of the brands’ activities being the remit of the Brand Manager
• Directly responsible to: Group Brand Manager
• Subordinates directly supervised: Marketing Intern
• Working with:
Brand owners, Marketing Department, Personnel Sales, Personnel Sales Operation & Administration Dept. Q.C. & Technical Corporate Finance & Central services Advertising, P.R. & supplier agencies Third Party Manufacturers for production planning and supply Fleet and packaging development teams
The Brand Manager is the owner of the brand within the Company. It is the Brand Manager who formulates strategy as well as translates strategy into achievable objectives and tactics, which then needs to be driven through to successful fruition. The role being recruited is a new role, and a unique one, as it combines both B2C and B2B responsibilities. Alongside brand responsibilities the Brand Manager will have an Internal Communications remit and will also have responsibility for raising the profile of the business, and its associated divisions, both within the industry and amongst potential employees.
Our client owns a number of household brands. There will be a key requirement to drive consumers to each of the brand categories by key messaging focusing on the need for the product with a strong level of support ATL. For the first 6 months this role will also include brand responsibility for another household named brand.
It is the aim of the business to be recognised as an industry leading organisation by potential customers, their peers and by high calibre employees who want to work for the business. Internal Communications is a new function and sits within marketing but, will need to work closely with senior execs and HR. Our client wants to drive engagement and motivation with their employees. This role with be responsible for developing an Internal Comms strategy that ensures employees are fully informed through several channels, such as, but not limited to, a staff intranet, email bulletins, social media and regular newsletters.
· Plan and achieve budgeted sales and profitability targets for the brands in line with agreed expenditure and consumer and trade strategies.
· Maintain exceptional business relationships with brand Principals through faultless account management and communication.
· To develop, recommend and execute marketing plans and manage the effective deployment of the marketing budget ensuring brands are best represented in the marketplace.
· Manage the online and offline ATL development process and own the communication strategies for the brands, showing strong creative judgement.
· Project manage the introduction of brand range extensions and new product launches.
· Work with the Sales Team to maximise brands’ potential, in relation to the optimum shelf presence, trade promotional activity, POS display and distribution.
· Work with senior managers to develop a company B2B strategy.
· Identify the objectives for each division and create a marketing plan to achieve the goals.
· Implement the agreed division strategy/plan using the appropriate marketing tools and communication mediums such as social media.
· Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with senior managers and present the strategy to the executive board and ensure it is successfully communicated to all stakeholders.
· Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, monthly newsletter and email announcements.
· Use social media to communicate with staff and potential employees.
· Advise senior executives of developments throughout the organisation, either face to face or through regular written communication.
In order to succeed at this role, it is expected you will have:
· Degree level or qualification or CIM equivalent.
· B2B /B2C marketing experience/exposure is required with exposure to all of the marketing mix, or FMCG marketing experience.
· Experience of strategic thinking and evidence of successful implementation.
· Experience of working on the advertising process, with a keen creative eye.
· Ability to understand key profit & loss data.
· Results orientated and capable of working autonomously.
· Ability to demonstrate project management skills, delivering high profile projects on time and in budget.
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
· Personable and adaptable: including ability to converse and empathise with a wide variety of people.
· Passionate and enthusiastic with the ability to make a quick impact.
· An ingrained Customer Service ethos.
· Flexible and able to use own initiative.
· Strong organisational capabilities.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Extremely high standard of written English Language.
· Full driving license.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN:
· Competitive salary
· Company Car
· 22 days holiday
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Full training provided
· Fantastic working environment