Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Cordant Recruitment are working in partnership with a leading food manufacturing business based in Northamptonshire recruiting for an experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Food) to carry out maintenance within their fast paced manufacturing facility
This is a great opportunity to join a well established, respected food processing business that is growing year on year, offering real career progression opportunities for those who want to climb the career ladder in the near future
If you are a MS Engineer that is more Mechanical bias with some Electrical skills, looking for a fresh rewarding challenge, then look no further as this is the role you have been searching for...................
Position: Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Shifts: Rotating shifts (12 hour days & nights, 3 on 2 off 2 on 3 off 2 on 2 off rotating 05:00 - 17:00)
- Will include; effectively performing electrical and mechanical maintenance of all process equipment; actively maintaining our PPM schedule & internal maintenance requests.
- The day shift 05:00-17:00 will initially focus on production start-up and continue to support production throughout the course of the shift, the back shift 14:00-02:00 bolster that production support & will enable a robust handover from day shift to implement any required after production maintenance or scheduled PPM's
- Embracing a shared knowledge culture.
- The multi skilled engineer role is not all about running & maintaining equipment (although a significant part of the role) but in developing continuous improvements, leading/facilitating these through a number of department projects to all areas of the business.
- This will include the timely delivery of reactive/planned engineering maintenance across site using tools & techniques such as RCA, 6S and Kaizen etc.
- Identification & implementation of improvement ideas to achieve world-class standards relating to our KPI's, quality and H&S measurements across the facility.
- Working on machinery/equipment such as: Industrial microwaves, gas ovens, high voltage transformers, blast freezers, slicers, hydraulic meat presses, multihead check weighers, sealers, mutivac wrapping machines, metal detectors, refrigeration plant (Ammonia/glycol)
Desired Qualifications / Experience:
- Previous experience working in a food/beverage manufacturing environment as a multi skilled engineer is essential.
- Apprentice trained and or trained to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Multi skilled in both electrical & mechanical discipline.
- Basic workshop skills.
- Ability to fault find & rectify.
- Read electrical drawings.
- Good communication skills (written & verbal)
- Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards & regulations, IOSH trained desirable but not a necessity.
- 17TH Edition desirable but not a necessity.
- Fabrication skills desirable but not a necessity.
- Experience with industrial microwaves & gas ovens, high voltage is highly advantageous.
- Willingness to train & learn new skills.
- Must have flexibility in working hours & shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements.
This role is commutable from Wellingborough, Kettering, Northampton, Corby and surrounding ares
PMP Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.