Fixed Term Contract
Job Title: Accountant
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Salary: Up to £26,715 per annum
Location: Stoke on Trent
- Degree/Professional Accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA)/ equivalent preferred
- Capabilities of computerised Accounting systems
- Commercial awareness
- Problem solving
Our client, who is a large prestigious organisation, has a requirement for an Accountant to join them on a 12 month fixed term contract covering maternity leave.
The role will involve providing a professional management accounting service and financial support to allocated Company Depots or Cost Centres through the provision of monthly management accounts and the monitoring of their financial performance.
- Provide allocated Depots or Cost Centres with a professional management accounting service and ensure the correct utilisation of approved financial systems and P&P.
- Preparation of Accounts: Produce monthly profit and loss/management accounts for allocated Depots and Cost Centres. Reconcile management accounts to all ledgers which include all relevant journal entries and associated balance sheet items. Ensure all transactions comply with the Company's Financial P&P.
- Monitor the financial performance of allocated Depots and Cost Centres. Provide monthly analysis and reports on this data to management, highlighting key financial issues, cost variances against finance plan and risks.
- Ensure compliance with Company and Statutory financial regulations and update records for allocated expense codes within agreed timescales and minimise/control risks to the Company.
- Ensure effective cash management by monitoring prepayments and accruals.