Specialty Doctor in Clinical Haematology - East of England
ID Medical is currently seeking a highly experienced and qualified specialty doctor in clinical haematology to work at this NHS trust in the East of England.
The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering best quality care for patients, can stay calm under pressure and is able to work effectively within busy and dynamic teams.
This position will be a permanent full-time position, working Monday to Friday.
Purpose of the job:
The post-holder will consistently contribute high quality services that adhere to the best practice guidelines and achieve high professional standards. They will be responsible for contributing to the overall performance of the service to ensure that contractual output targets are achieved.
The post-holder will also be required to work flexibly across a number of operational sites as required and work flexibly within an agreed number of hours to maintain the most appropriate level of service provision. This will include some evening and weekend working as determined by service-user needs.
- The post holder will be directly supervised by a consultant in all clinics and will not be expected to undertake tasks that are above their level of experience, knowledge or abilities. In times of sickness / absence a degree of flexibility will be expected from the post holder with respect to timetabled clinics.
- To assess and review patients attending for chemotherapy at the Chemotherapy Unit. This involves the assessment of toxicity (both acute and ongoing) in those receiving chemotherapy, as well as assessment of disease status. This will predominantly occur in the out-patient setting but will include limited involvement with patients receiving treatment on an in-patient basis
- To recognise and initiate management of newly occurring medical problems in patients receiving anti-cancer treatment
To liaise with chemotherapy specialist nurses over the organisation and delivery of chemotherapy (the chemotherapy will what?
The tangible benefits of working with ID Medical
- ID Medical School with CPD - accredited education programmes for medical professionals
- Excellent salary packages available
Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- UK's leading Revalidation service for doctors, attested "Excellent" by NHS England
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Please visit ID Medical for more opportunities to grow your career.
Follow us on twitter and Facebook.