Our client is currently looking for a Manufacturing/Production Engineer (Moulding) to come and join their team based in Hastings. You will join on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a highly competitive salary of £25,000 - £35,000 per annum dependant on skills and experience plus 6% pension contribution and 25 days’ holiday.
Our client helps engineers transform their ideas into creations. Their customers are redefining what’s possible by using innovative, efficient and reliable products proven in harsh environments. Their expertise in materials science research, advanced design capabilities and manufacturing allows them to meet customer needs whatever they might be. Whether they’re designing technology that’s three or four generations out or meeting a problem their customers face today, they’re finding solutions to the world’s most demanding connectivity challenges.
Their most important advantage is their people. They understand that their success as a business is directly linked to their employees’ success. They are committed to engaging their employees – and making the business a great place to work – by emphasizing development and training, creating a safe work environment, embracing diversity and inclusion, and supporting uncompromising values.
About the Manufacturing/Production Engineer (Moulding) role:
You will provide the primary source of technical expertise in the moulding of thermoset, thermoplastic and elastomeric materials. The successful applicant will also be expected to carry out wide ranging projects in order to improve product quality, increase tooling life / reliability, reduce component costs and improve manufacturing efficiency.
Key responsibilities of the Manufacturing/Production Engineer role:
- To create detailed work instructions and process settings that facilitate efficient component manufacture
- To provide technical input into the Tool Design section and to liaise with tooling subcontractors
- To initiate and implement cost reduction and method improvement projects
- To ensure that all tooling, gauging and testing requirements are identified prior to production
- To ensure that the routed and actual costs of items are the same as or better than estimated costs
- To liaise with Design Engineering to ensure that products are ‘designed for manufacture’
- To provide technical support to the estimating function
- To keep abreast of technical developments and review manufacturing methods
- To train and develop colleagues and trainees as directed by the Production Engineering Manager
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time by the Production Engineering Manager
- To observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation
Essential experience and skills required of the Manufacturing/Production Engineer:
- Must hold an HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the moulding of precision plastic and elastomer components is required
- Electrical knowledge or qualification would be beneficial
- Needs mental effort in logical problem solving and the development of new products and processes
- Solid understanding of the full manufacturing process
- Needs initiative in problem solving and the development of new products and processes. Must exhibit a logical, meticulous approach to problem solving
- SAP experience would be advantageous
- Needs to be articulate in verbal / written communication
As a $12 billion global technology leader their commitment to innovation enables advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. Their unmatched breadth of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest of environments, helps build a safer, greener, smarter and more connected world. With 75,000 people – including more than 7,000 engineers – working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, they help ensure that every connection counts.
If you are interested in joining as the new Manufacturing/Production Engineer then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity.